As a marketer, you’ll know that in today’s era of social networks, online reviews are all the rage. They narrate your brand’s story and are critical to either making or breaking it. As, no matter how many dollars you drop on marketing and advertising, consumers do value the opinion of other buyers. So, what you really need to do is get more positive reviews.
Are you working to improve your online reviews?
If not, then this is the time because quality online reviews are essential to building a powerful online reputation and gaining customer trust. Educate your clients on their need to place the reviews and to optimize your listings on major local directory sites.
Our experts have sifted through all the research to put out this list of 20 most fascinating statistics you can prove to your clients and fuel up your business.
Online Review Statistics
- 95% of shoppers do read online reviews before making any purchase. (Spiegel Research Center)
- Displaying user reviews can increase the conversion rate by 270%. (Spiegel Research Center)
- 91% of buyers believe in online reviews. (The Chat Shop)
- 94% of consumers state that an online review convinced them to avoid a business. (Review Trackers)
- 93% of consumers find online reviews effective in their buying decisions. (Podium)
- According to a recent survey by Search Engine Land, 90% of consumers read just ten or fewer reviews before they feel that they can trust a business. (Search Engine Land)
- 87% of consumers check user reviews for both online and offline purchases. (Influence Central)
- 83% of consumers don’t believe in advertisements. (Digiday)
- 71% of millennials search online reviews of professional services. (Thomson Reuters)
- 70% of consumers will review a business when asked. (Real-Time Reviews)
- Google accounts for 57.5% of all reviews globally. (Hosting Tribunal)
- 68% of women consumers prefer buying a product with the most positive reviews. (Vendasta)
- 62% of B2B and 42% of B2C customers purchased the products and services with positive online reviews. (Google)
- 57% of buyers wouldn’t use a business with less than four stars. (Media Post)
- Companies that claim their free listings on at least four review websites earn 36% more revenue than average (Womply)
- Only 6% of online consumers don’t trust E-commerce reviews. (Hosting Tribunal)
- 15% of consumers don’t trust businesses with no reviews. (Status Labs)
- For every 1-star increase in a Yelp rating, a 5 to 9% revenue growth is expected. (Huff Post)
- Clients can spend 31% more on a business if it has great reviews. (Hosting Tribunal)
- Companies are likely to lose about 22% of the consumers who find a single negative article about their product. (Forbes)
So now, you must know that positive online reviews are crucial for lead generation. Use these top 20 statistics to encourage your customers to rate your products and services.
Have a great day ahead!